Back to Programs and Services to the Deaf and Hard of Hearing page
Equipment Distribution Program
Application for the Equipment Distribution Program
Who is Eligible for Equipment?
To be eligible, a person must:
- Be a resident of the State of Oklahoma.
- Be 60 years of age or older for the hearing aid program.
- Provide verification (proof) of: Hearing or speech impairment (Not required for hearing aid program): loss severe enough to require use of TTY or amplifier to use the telephone.
- List any other contributing disability (i.e. blindness, visual impairment, physical disability, etc.) This must be verifiable.
- List income. (See form for details)
- Requests for Captioned Telephones (CapTel) require an audiogram.
The following people are qualified to verify applicant's disability:
- Any physician licensed to practice medicine in the State of Oklahoma
- Speech pathologist
- Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor
- Other individual or agency with records to verify disability
If you need more information, contact the Equipment Distribution Program Office.
Please note: The hearing aid program only has enough funds to provide one non-digital hearing aid per person.
What does the Equipment Distribution Program at the Oklahoma School for the Deaf have to offer you?
As an eligible applicant, there are plenty of choices to make; however please
be aware our program policy only allows you to select one item per category.
Category One: Amplified or Text Telephone
- Text Telephones (TTY's)
- NexTalk-VM (internal or external version), which changes your computer into a TTY.
- D-Link Videophones
- Amplified Telephones with built in loud bell ringers and flashers
- Voice Carry Over phones (VCO)
- Captioned Telephones (CapTel)
Category Two: Visual/Audible Signaling and Alerting Systems
- Alertmaster 6000 home alerting system with remote receiver
- Sonic Boom home alerting system
Additional Stand-alone Devices
- Loud Bell Ringer without strobe flashers
- Loud Bell Ringer with strobe flashers
- Wireless doorbell chime with strobe flasher
We also provide specialized equipment tailored to meet the telephone needs of consumers with deaf-blindness or speech impairments. If you are interested in emergency related devices, such as obtaining a weather warning system kit or smoke detectors with flashing strobe, please contact us for more information.