What we do
The Oklahoma Department of Rehabilitation Services (DRS) expands opportunities for employment, independent life and economic self-sufficiency by helping Oklahomans with disabilities bridge barriers to success in the workplace, school and at home.
To connect to the DRS office in your area call 800.487.4042 or visit our Office Locator page.
DRS is comprised of five program divisions, Vocational Rehabilitation, Visual Services, Disability Determination, Oklahoma School for the Blind and Oklahoma School for the Deaf. These divisions operate dozens of programs that help Oklahomans lead more independent and productive lives.
- Vocational Rehabilitation Division: Employment services for people with any disability, except blindness.
- Visual Services Division: Employment and independent living services for people who are blind, visually impaired.
- Disability Determination Division: Determines medical eligibility for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- Oklahoma School for the Deaf: Educational programs for children who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Oklahoma School for the Blind: Educational programs for children who are blind or visually impaired.
DRS also relies on Support Services to handle administrative functions. Support Services comprises of the Executive Division, Financial Services Division and Management Services Division.
Check out our Disability Resource Guide, which shares program descriptions and contact information designed to help Oklahomans solve disability-related problems.
Oklahoma Disability Statistics
Follow this link to Cornell University's Disability Statistics website. There you may locate many various statistic for people with disabilities.
Check out the report presenting prevalence and relative economic status of Oklahomans with disabilities: Oklahoma Status Report.
Are you looking for more statistics about employment in Oklahoma? Check out the Oklahoma Employment Security Commission's website for the stats you could ever want, https://www.ok.gov/oesc_web/ .
See the Workforce Oklahoma Occupational Outlook for 2018, https://www.ok.gov/oesc_web/documents/lmioutlk08.pdf .
Oklahoma State Holidays for 2017
All Oklahoma Department of Rehabilitation Services offices will be closed on the following dates:
Mon., Jan. 2, 2017 for New Year's Day
Mon., Jan. 16, 2017 for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
Mon., Feb. 20, 2017 for Presidents' Day
Mon., May 29, 2017 for Memorial Day
Tues., July 4, 2017 for Independence Day
Mon., Sept. 4, 2017 for Labor Day
Fri., Nov. 10, 2017 for Veterans' Day
Thurs. & Fri., Nov. 23 & 24, 2017 for Thanksgiving
Mon. & Tues., Dec. 25 & 26, 2017 for Christmas