These operations may consist of vending machine routes, cafeterias, or a variety of different types of snack bars. To accomplish this, BEP aids entrepreneurs by providing extensive business training, licensing business owners, locating and equipping locations, securing initial inventory and offering on-going business consultation services. BEP entrepreneurs are educated in the areas of food safety, hospitality, marketing and business management. A portion of each business’ proceeds is paid to DRS to help support the program.
How to Apply
Step 1: Locate an office nearest you, use this link to find the state office and contact information that serves your area.
Step 2: Call for an appointment
Step 3: Fill out an application
Step 4: Gather as much medical information as you can
Step 5: Show up for the appointment to complete the application
Keys to Success
- Keep in contact with your counselor
- Let him or her know if you move or change phone numbers
- Complete any assignments
Oklahoma Works brings all of our state’s workforce resources together, connecting employers, employees and job-seekers to information and programs that help build Oklahoma’s workforce.
To be eligible:
The applicant must be:
- Be legally blind.
- (a)not more than 20/200 central visual acuity in the better eye with correcting lenses, or
- (b) an equally disabling loss of the visual field as evidenced by a limitation to the field of vision in the better eye to such a degree that its widest diameter subtends an angle of no greater than 20 degrees.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have United States citizenship
What to bring
- Current eye examination, documenting blindness;
- Documentation for United States citizenship; and
- Documentation the client is at least 18 years of age;