Drug & Alcohol Rehab in Desborough
Don’t make the mistake of seeing other people recover from addiction and believing they had it easier than you. We have helped people recover from extreme addictions that have lasted many years, as well as mild substance abuse issues that developed weeks before treatment.
No matter who you are and what your relationship is with drugs and alcohol, OK Rehab can guide you to a promising treatment option.
We make the process of seeking help as seamless as possible. As soon as you contact us, we collect your details and begin searching for types of treatment in and around Desborough that would benefit you. Once we have selected an appropriate centre, we will put you in touch with the staff and leave you to arrange your start date.
What is OK Rehab’s Criteria for Finding Appropriate Treatment in Desborough?
You are our best resource for finding the right treatment. We rely on you to tell us all about your addiction story, your present situation, and your hopes for the future.
Using this information, we are able to locate a treatment facility that provides suitable services. Here is an example of some of the questions we ask and why:
How is your physical and mental health currently?
Understanding how you feel in yourself will help us to gauge what kind of care you require. For example, if you are very well physically and mentally but have recently begun to engage in addictive behaviours, a home detox may be suitable.
If you are experiencing severe problems with your health, we will ensure you are referred to a residential rehab centre, where you will receive excellent care at all hours of the day and night.
Do you consent to undergo a physical detox?
All drug and alcohol rehabs in Desborough incorporate detoxes into their treatment programme so this is something you need to be comfortable with if you attend rehab. It involves cleansing your body of drugs and alcohol which can cause withdrawal symptoms e.g. intense cravings, headaches, shakiness, nausea, and hallucinations.
Rehab is the safest possible place that you could undergo a detox due to its provision of round-the-clock care.
Do you have specific requirements for therapy?
If you have had therapy before, you may have had bad experiences with certain types. You can let us know this on our phone call and we will try to pair you with a treatment centre that offers alternatives. Most centres will allow you to try various types to find which one benefits you the most.
You will explore them either individually, in groups, or with your family.
Have you been to rehab before?
Unfortunately, addiction is difficult to manage and therefore many people relapse. This can lead to patients returning to rehab several times in their life. It is important that we know if you have been to rehab before as we will need to inform the staff at the treatment centre.
However, there is no shame in returning to rehab. Relapse is common and choosing to get sober after a setback is admirable.
Do you have a budget in mind for rehab?
Residential rehab is expensive as it involves 24/7 care, private ensuite bedrooms, premium facilities, and comprehensive aftercare. Having said that, there are rehab centres on the lower end of the price scale in Desborough. If you tell us your budget, we will try to find one that won’t break the bank.
Are there any commitments that you would have to give up for rehab?
At OK Rehab, we advise patients to prioritise recovery over everything else in their lives. This is because addiction destroys every aspect of your life, and therefore getting sober will have a positive impact on all areas of your life.
However, it isn’t easy to leave your commitments and choose to attend rehab for 28 days. Before you enrol, we encourage you to consider whether you need to do any preparation such as arranging time off with your employer or organising suitable childcare.
Rest assured that all of the centres we liaise with boast excellent success rates and 12-month aftercare plans. We want to give you the best chance of recovering sustainably so that rehab remains a one-off experience.
Contacting OK Rehab
- Why contact OK Rehab: There is no waiting list with our services, so you could receive a referral just days or weeks after contacting us. We also take care of all the administration so contacting OK Rehab is a stress-free experience
- When to contact OK Rehab: You can call us at any time. Our advisors are always happy to help you find a treatment or simply offer advice
- Where will OK Rehab send me? We assume that you are interested in treatment in Desborough, where we have plenty of contacts. However, let us know if you would like to attend rehab elsewhere as we offer our services in many towns and cities in the UK
- How to contact OK Rehab: Call us on 0800 326 5559 for a free initial assessment. We know this is a scary step, but our advisors are all familiar with the challenge of asking for help as they are all former victims of drug and alcohol addiction. This means they will be understanding and empathetic on every call they have with you
Benefits of Rehab Recovery in Desborough
While you are free to opt for a home detox or outpatient treatment, we strongly advise that you attend rehab as this offers the best chances of recovery. The benefits of drug and alcohol rehab in Desborough are endless:
- Location: Our centres are all located in stunning rural areas. Attending rehab in Desborough means that you can enjoy beautiful views of the Northampton countryside, spend time walking around the lovely grounds, and make the most of the outdoor activities that many rehab centres provide. This could be anything from swimming to horse riding
- 24/7 Care: As we mentioned previously, you are never left alone at rehab thanks to the round-the-clock care. The team of staff will be made up of addiction specialists, doctors, nurses, psychologists, therapists, and psychiatrists. Each one plays a different role in supporting your recovery
- Community: Recovery is easier when you are surrounded by fellow advocates. Many drug and alcohol rehabs are tight-knit communities as patients become very close through regular group therapy sessions and shared leisure time
- Therapy: Therapy at residential rehab is more than just talking therapy (though this can be beneficial too). You could try psychotherapy, counselling, Eye Movement and Desensitization Therapy (EMDR), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT), art therapy, music therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), holistic therapies, as well as many other tried and tested therapy types. Some treatment facilities allow you to have family therapy. This can help to restore relationships as each family member will grow to understand one another better. When your family understands your addiction better, they are likely to be more empathetic and supportive of your recovery
How to Achieve Long-Term Recovery
Getting sober is difficult as it is, but staying sober requires ongoing courage and determination. To ensure you do not fall back into the trap of addiction, you should adapt your life in a way that makes sobriety easier. For example, find new hobbies that do not involve drink and drugs and cut off friends that are not supportive of your recovery.
It is vital that your support network is made up of people who want you to stay sober, as you can lean on them in times of temptation. No one can stop you from relapsing, but having a strong support network does decrease the rate of relapse among victims of substance abuse.