Drug & Alcohol Rehab in Malvern
Attempting to recover from any addiction can be a huge challenge. Not only are there multiple treatment options available but you must be willing to commit to your chosen form of treatment.
The most effective and recommended form of treatment for addiction is professional support via a rehabilitation clinic. The thought of entering rehab can be very scary to some people due to misconceptions about what rehab provides.
Rehab can be a life-saving tool, allowing you to make use of specialist care on offer.
Many people struggling with a drug or alcohol addiction-like to believe they can stop consuming substances whenever they want. Attempting to withdraw alone can cause life-threatening problems for your physical and mental health. Even if you can overcome the physical dependence there is still greater work to be done in ensuring your psychological dependence can be healed.
This is where rehab can help. At a rehab centre, you can begin to heal both your body and mind in a safe environment with around the clock care by provided medical staff.
At OK Rehab we can help take some of the weight from your shoulders during this challenging time and help provide you with information regarding the most suitable rehab clinics in Malvern.
Does rehab really work?
Rehab can be very effective as it takes you from your home environment and current situation. By choosing to enter residential rehab you can choose to take yourself away from any negative influences and triggers.
At rehab you can:
- Complete a detox programme and learn how to live without the need for drugs and alcohol
- Work with licensed therapists and counsellors in both single and group settings to work through your substance abuse
- Have access to ongoing support even after treatment has concluded
- Receive care and guidance in the form of aftercare and relapse prevention to ensure you maintain sobriety in your new life
Entering rehab can be your safest option in attempting to overcome addiction. Here you can gain access to specialist medical care as well as luxury resources. Each client is presented with a tailored programme suited to their needs to ensure maximum recovery efforts.
I’m worried that my partner has an addiction, what should I do?
Have you spotted numerous changes in your partner recently? Perhaps you have put this down to work or family pressure though it could be an indication that they are struggling with an addiction. It may be possible that your partner is, what is often known as, a functioning addict. If this is the case, their friends or colleagues may have noticed their addiction and therefore expressed their concern to you.
If you are worried that your partner has a substance addiction, OK Rehab are here for you. We always recommend seeking professional help rather than attempting to deal with this problem alone.
You can reach out to us via telephone on 0800 326 5559 to talk to one of our helpline advisers about any concerns you have. Our helpline advisers are trained to a high level and will ask a few questions to discover if an addiction is present. From this, we can then discuss the next steps and determine an appropriate solution.
Watching someone you love suffer from addiction can have detrimental effects on your own health and wellbeing. We urge you to seek help as soon as possible and contact OK Rehab today.
How can rehab help treat addiction?
How addiction is treated varies on each individual and their set of circumstances. Things such as the severity of your addiction and the substance you are addicted to are all taken into consideration which is what makes rehab so effective.
There is no one-size-fits-all approach to treatment.
At OK Rehab we can help you source local treatment centres that focus on detoxification or more holistic therapies depending on your needs. Addiction often comes with psychological problems causing mental health disorders to present themselves. Therefore, many people need to access dual diagnosis treatment that can help them overcome addiction and any existing mental health issues.
The psychological support on offer at rehab can help improve your overall wellbeing and health. The types of support on offer include but are not limited to:
- CBT (Cognitive behavioural therapy)
- DBT (Dialectical behavioural therapy)
- Group therapy
- One-to-one therapy
- Holistic therapy
- Aftercare sessions
You will also be encouraged to engage in aftercare sessions to maintain your progress and new life of sobriety. This can come in the form of weekly drop-in sessions at your chosen clinic as well as attending local groups in Malvern such as Narcotics Anonymous.
Do I need to go to rehab?
Knowing if it is the right time to enter treatment can be a hard decision to make. With addiction, it may never feel like the right time. Taking this step may feel scary but rehab could be your only choice.
With 24/7 medical care, staff can look after you during this time of difficulty. Below are some questions to ask yourself which may help you decide if you need to seek help. Remember to be as honest as possible with yourself and answer these questions as truthfully as possible.
- Are your physical and mental health suffering as a result of your addiction? Alcohol addiction can severely damage internal organs such as your liver. When your addiction is taking a toll on all aspects of your health, rehab should definitely be considered. Are you struggling with breathlessness, heart palpitations, trouble sleeping and migraines as a result of your substance abuse?
- Do you drive whilst under the influence of drugs or alcohol? This can be extremely dangerous for not only yourself but every other person on the road. Being unable to take control of whether or not you drive whilst intoxicated is a huge sign that rehab is needed.
- Are your work and family life suffering as a result of your addiction? When struggling with substance abuse it can be extremely difficult to commit to serious obligations. This can cause negative impacts on your work and family life meaning you are at risk of losing your job and relationships with loved ones.
- Have you tied to quit but failed before? One of the biggest aspects of addiction is denial. People who are addicted to drugs or alcohol often downplay the severity of their problem and believe they could stop at any time. The truth is, stopping the consumption of drugs or alcohol is extremely difficult but this is where OK Rehab can help.
Reach out today
Find the services and support you need today by calling OK Rehab on 0800 326 5559. From here we can work alongside you to find the most suitable rehab facility and see you begin treatment in Malvern as soon as possible.
Delaying treatment can see your addiction worsen and make it harder for you to source treatment.
OK Rehab can guide you through every step of the treatment process and help you overcome your addiction for good. We hope that by reading our web page today you take advantage of the services on offer.